My Photo
Name:
Location: California

I love paper. Books printed on acid-free paper and bound in cloth turn me on. I'm crazy about bookmarks, and I buy too many stickers. I could spend hours in the build-your-own-greeting card section of my neighborhood craft store. My favorite thing to eat is bread, and my second favorite is fruit. (Mm, pineapple.) I read too much and too fast, and I watch too many food shows (two ways of looking at gluttony). Gloomy, rainy weather calms me and so I can't wait to move out of California, which will happen, sadly, too many years from now to count. I'm vegan, though I haven't managed to eliminate honey from my diet yet. I practice yoga; it's the only way I can keep fit. I have a better life than I ever imagined I would (or deserve to) have, but I do my best to enjoy it rather than feel guilty about it. That's my daily struggle -- and also to be thoughtful and observant and honest with myself.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Timefoolery

This year I had the best April 1st joke played on me. Time did it. Rather late on Sunday morning I woke up and went downstairs as usual to make my tea. By the time I got to the kitchen time had moved back one hour. I left my tea things and rushed back up to the bedroom to check the clock. Time was back to normal again. And then it occurred to me: the first Sunday in April is Daylight Savings Time day. The bedroom clock is the only clock in the house programmed for the old change and automatically shifted its way forward as it was compelled by its inner machinery to do. I punched its buttons and synchronized it with the rest of the clocks in the house. Then I trotted cheerfully downstairs to finish making my tea, an hour the richer and wiser.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but this is a very lame post.

April 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home